Choosing to have granite counters installed in either your kitchen or bathroom is a big investment. And just as with any big investment, you want to take care of it and keep it in good shape so that it will last as long as possible.
Aside from sealing and cleaning, one of the other important ways to care for your granite is to prevent chips. While it’s hard to chip granite, it does happen and it can be costly to repair depending on the damage. To help prevent your granite counters from chipping consider these tips.
- Be sure to have it sealed prior to using it.
- Have it tested every few years to see if it needs resealing.
- Do not allow it to be sat or stood on.
- Don’t stack towers of dishes on top of it.
- Don’t allow children to play on it with their toys.
- Use a cutting board at all times.
- Fix any small chips that may occur immediately so they don’t spread.
- Avoid rough cleanings.
If you happen to incur a large chip in your granite and you reside in the Colorado Springs area be sure to contact Planet Granite at 888-731-9105.